Wednesday, October 28, 2015

October - What A Month!!!

 
 
 First off there's Thanksgiving - which in my house means many hours watching the Hawaii Ironman on my TV via the computer. For trigeeks this is a must - 17 hours of live coverage.

Although I do not have pics a huge shout out must also go to my TCoB teammates Helene Desrosiers and Chris Jocelyn who both raced Kona after qualifying in Mont Tremblant in August - quick turnaround by the way!!
Helene finished in 12:41.44 and Chris did his first Kona in 10:47.31 - outstanding efforts by both and I can't wait to pick their brains!
 

 On the training front I've been enjoying the fall weather. Some days have been absolutely spectacular.



 Picked up some new shoes - the Hoka One One. I got 2 pair for $84 US including taxes. I like them so far. I usually prefer a little more cushioning in the winter when the ground gets hard. My Kinvaras provide less.
 
 Finally the REALLY BIG NEWS - Sara and I, after 18 years together, are engaged!!! Yes, we do everything ass-backwards. I like to remind Sara that I was about to buy her a ring many years ago and she wanted a bike instead at that time. What a woman! Technically we were supposed to get engaged a couple of days after this but I launched a preemptive strike. Sara RARELY gets surprised. I had wine and cheese, got dressed up, made a photo album of our history together - all the mushy stuff!

 When we were MUCH younger.


 Celebrating with the favourite daughter (and only daughter) Emily.

 Enough of the the mushy stuff. How about this for a pic. I stopped to answer the phone on my ride and this fella came over to see what I was up to. What a beauty!

 Stunning colours

 Ok back to mushy stuff. For our engagement weekend we did the MEC 10K at Confederation Park. This is the before pic with our new TCoB hats.

 Post race where we switched up the sunglass wearing. We ran 50 minutes for the 10K and all of it together - how ro-mantic!

 Back home, quick shower and on to the wineries. First stop Foreign Affair. Great little winery near Beamsville.

 I was the driver so I didn't drink but sampled a little to get the taste. Great wines.

 Next up - Megalomaniac. It was very busy so we weren't there long. After that we were Niagara-on-the-Lake bound to Colineri Winery. Colineri is quite good and we enjoyed their wines. After a way overpriced meal at Ruth Chris and a sleep at the Sheraton we got up Sunday to do a little shop at the outlet mall before heading for home.

 While shopping we ran into the Great One Wayne Gretzky who congratulated us on our engagement and toasted us. Full disclosure it's not really Wayne but a cardboard Wayne - we still were excited though. Full disclosure - I was really excited; Sara was trying not to know me at this time.

Finally our youngest, Logan, turned twelve-teen on the 25th!! I think we should call it twelve-teen because, by age twelve, most kids are already behaving like teens. The voice change, the height gained, the size 10 feet - holy cow!

 For the birthday we had this dangerous crew out for some serious Go-Kart action. It had been raining so the track was a little slick but it was a blast fishtailing.

 Once done racing the kids took the paintball guns and shot 100 shots at a bunch of targets. They all got their call-of-duty on.

 Back to the house for some pizza and cake and all was good. Logan had a fabulous time and has some really great friends - we're very proud!

 
Now it's time to prepare for the long winter ahead....BOO!!
 
 
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment