Saturday, September 7, 2013

Training Update: Getting Back in the Groove

So I spent pretty much the month of August recovering from IM Lake Placid. Did pretty much nothing for 10 days post race then started some light activity. Surprisingly I found my heart rate to be normal with no elevation indicating fatigue. I haven't done a lot of long stuff at this point: the longest since Placid being a 2000m swim, 80k bike and 16k run.


Today I'm catching a flight to Vancouver for a conference. While there I will be heading to the Kitsilano outdoor pool which is a whopping 137m long!!That's crazy. Down and back = 274m. Should be fun. I will also rent a road bike and get 100-120k in with hopefully a climb up Cypress Mountain. Finally a couple laps around Stanley Park with a little extra at the end to make a 25k run. Weather looks good for the week so it should make for a great training block.


Once back I will build in earnest with Hell Week scheduled around the week of Thanksgiving. I'm hopeful the weather will cooperate for the long bike rides. After that it's Florida bound for IM Florida. I've never done a flat Ironman and I'm interested to see how my body reacts to it.


For now it's just training business as usual - Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment