Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Big Easy

So I'm here in New Orleans for the Academy Society of Hospital Pharmacists and, like all new places I visit, I went for the mandatory exploratory run. It's a nice day and the sun is shining on the Mississippi River and I found a nice but somewhat short boardwalk but it did the trick.

The Norwegian Spirit was docked - I couldn't get a side shot unfortunately.

As most people know New Orleans is home to the Mardi Gras - as I arrived yesterday on the LSU game day, fans were in full-on party mode. It's expected to be crazier today when the Saints play the Lions tonight. My hotel restaurant is already packed with Saints fans having breakfast and I suspect by the afternoon the tail-gating will start.

We're in Crawfish country! (sorry the pic's sideways)

Mississippi riverboat.

This one's for the ladies!! So this statue represents "Old Man River". I think the dude's in need of some serious manscaping - I'm just sayin'

This is the Inn on Bourbon where I'm staying. It's right in the French Quarter. Most of the buildings have these balconies "for rent" for the partying.

World famous Bourbon Street.

One of many things you can get on Bourbon Street! Huge Ass Beers - only 3 bucks!

Here's a shot of Bourbon Street this morning. I want to get a before and after picture to show the transformation. Stay tuned!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment