On the family front, Em and Jesse both graduated high school and are currently figuring out life and what they'd like to do in the future. Logan overcame his anxiety of flying and we went to Belize for vacation. Sara, after 25 years, returned to Belize to visit the area where she was born and lived til she was 10 - it was very cool! I even got to stomp a tarantula that found its way into our accomodation - they squish rather easily.
1) Improve my Around the Bay 30k race time. I have improved my time each time over the last 4 years even though I'm getting older. I will attempt to keep my streak going.
2) Get Logan to snorkle with me in Hawaii on vacation with all marine life, especially the honu (hawaiian for sea turtles)
3) Show Logan the Tyrell Dino Museum in Alberta and the Rocky Mountains.
4) Try a new race or races. I'd like to do the Welland Half-Ironman in late June - it's flat and fast and I hope to go under 5 hours and possibly break my previous PB of 4:57. The other race I'd like to try is the Centurion Cycling Events 100 miler in either Niagara or Collingwood. These events resemble the Gran Fondos of Europe and look like a blast. An outside goal is to do an adventure race - they look like fun.
5) Exercise at least 45 minutes 5 times per week with one complete day off per week.
6) An outside goal of a fall marathon. I know I'm capable of qualifying for Boston (3:25 qualifying time) but the marathon (except for an Ironman) has never really interested me. I may do the Hamilton Marathon to check this off my list.
7) Race the Run for the Toad 25k trail race.